Here's something you don't see very often - my shop floor cleared!
The builders are going to put a cover under the big hole in the ceiling to stop the muck coming down.
Sometime today I hope as they asked me to clear the space.
Well it is supposed to be journal day really - but I cleared the decks this week so that I could work on my clock.
There are going to be 3 clusters of decoration. A large group bottom left - a small group mid right (where I have added a key hole detail - and a central cluster over the dial based on a pair of wings.
I have to take a bit of a break for all the paints ans glitters to dry properly
I wanted to recreate a more scrapbook type layout - snd I wanted to get my paints out and layer up some colours. I was going to add a photo and doodle - but I found this pretty charm instead. I think I may have to take the bird off the ring and secure it though.
I bet you do the washing up with your washing up sponge - I don't ;-)
Sponges make the most fantastic background texture - the best ones are the big yellow car washing sponges with the big uneven holes - they look fantastic.
I covered the page with some border peel offs and sponged a green and turquoise ink over the top - then you take off the peel offs to reveal the pattern.
The papers are from the cover of the santoro paper pack - I only ever seem to get the left overs these days - so I make good use of them.
The lines are stardust lime green gel pen
I didn't forget - honest - I splattered crackle paint through the sequin waste for a new look and it took ages to dry. It is a really pretty effect though - it was white, but has picked up the Lettuce colour from the Adirondack spritz and has tiny little cracking all over it. I have the original Adirondack ink sprays - donkey's years old now - you don't get bottles that big now days!